We love peanut butter, and of course chocolate in this house. I had this wonderful idea to combine the two, but instead of using peanut butter chips, I said “Hey I’m going to use a peanut butter base!”
Now there are a few ways to make these. I enjoy soft, smaller cookies, but with a little trick they can be turned into crunchy bites of goodness. You can also add in different ingredients such as dark chocolate chips, or even chopped nuts. If you’re allergic to peanut butter you should be able to sub your favorite nut butter without any problems at all.
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookies
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed*
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup creamy or crunchy style peanut butter
- 6 ounces milk chocolate chips**
1) Cream peanut butter and sugar for approximately 5 minutes.
2) Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until combined.
3) Add in baking soda, baking powder, and half of the flour.
4) Add in the remaining flour.
5) Stir in chocolate chips.
6) Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a baking sheet. These will not spread, but still leave about an inch around. If you prefer a flatter cookie simply use the bottom of a glass to flatten them out.
7) Bake in a 375° oven for 9-11 minutes. Let cool slightly before attempting to eat these as they are molten hot.
* You may use 1/2 c granulated and 1/2 c light or dark brown sugar, or 1 c light brown sugar instead.
**Add in your favorite chocolate or nuts. Candies would also work.
What is your favorite cookie to bake?